Join the Bass Tab Archive Tabbing Army!
The Bass Tab Archive Tabbing Army continues to grow in
numbers and they are working hard to satisfy user requests.
If you enjoy tabbing and would like to help BTA users
by tabbing their requests, consider joining the Army!
See the BTA Army page for details.
To make sure that your tablature will be processed properly,
please make sure you have followed these steps:
- Check the archive to ensure that the tab is not already
present. You can use the search engine
of the archive to search for the artist or song name.
If you are submitting a correction:
- a. Be sure to credit the original author for any portion
of the original tablature used.
- b. Be sure to include a COMPLETE tab, not just the corrections.
- Take a look at what
a tab should look like. Variations are allowed, but this
should give you the general idea. If you have any questions about
tabbing style, the How To guide should
- Important! No lyrics should be included in
tablature submitted to the archive.
- Submit only one tab per email or file attachment. If you're submitting
multiple files, please send multiple emails or attach multiple files. This
will greatly ease the archiving process and allow for more frequent updates.
- Submit the tablature in plain ASCII text format. ASCII text
is the format produced by Windows Notepad. Do NOT
submit tab as Word documents, Write files, HTML documents,
TAB datafiles, Bucket o' Tab files, etc. All such submissions
will be ignored. Most of these programs provide the ability to
export or save the file as plain text.
- Include the Artist name and Song name inside the tab file.
Including them in the Subject line of the email is NOT enough.
- Tabs should be no wider than 80 characters at
- A fixed-space font should be used (such as Courier New). Failure
to do so will cause incorrect viewing in web browsers. The tab will
look distorted and not line up properly.
- Include all credit within the tab itself (i.e. author's name,
email, etc). The tabs are archived as received, so if the author's
name and email do not appear in the tab, they will not receive the
credit they deserve.
- Tabs taken directly from magazines and tablature books
will NOT be accepted
into the archive.
If you need help with tabbing questions, try this handy
tabbing style guide.
If you have any questions regarding submitting tab to the
archive, send mail to
Tabbing style guide
Request a tab!
Search the contents of the archive. Enter the name of the
song or artist you're searching for.
Join the BTA's mailing list by entering your